Saturday 4 August 2012

Misery loves B Company

Well, I am back living in the shacks and the Defensive FTX has been passed, completed, and is now just a blurry memory of digging a lot and falling asleep while standing up. At the end we completed "the Death March," which is a Rite of Passage of sorts for being an Infantry Officer. On the last day of the exercise, the CO and RSM show up and all of B Company marches 16km with full kit and defensive stores, etc.

Here I am upon my return, looking rather emaciated. 9 days of no sleep, not enough food, and a lot of digging / ruck marching takes a toll on a person. I started this course at about 200 lbs and in this pic I am 175 lbs.



After a few celebratory beers and a full night's sleep, the next day we headed to Saint John, NB for some seafood. The Saint John Ale House had a good variety, so we basically ordered a bunch of appetizers and went to town. Clams, oysters, mussels, scallops, and then some. This was my first time having raw oysters and steamed clams. I was a little disappointed with the oysters, they have zero taste... the clams I was happy with, they taste exactly like mussels (which I love) except there is more meat! Big win.



After walking around Brunswick Square, we headed back into Fredericton for the real night of celebratory drinks at a few places... these adventures shall remain classified. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment